Monday, June 2, 2008

going simple

i've always had an appreciation for the clean and crisp style such as that of my scrapbooking idol Cathy Zielski. locally, i also have quite an admiration for Studio Azul "blue lady" Christine V. and i've always wanted to emulate their streamlined scrapbooking style. even my magazine subscription is with Simple Scrapbooks rather than Creating Keepsakes. yet it's funny that even if i start out intending to do clean and simple, i usually end up with cluttered, colorful, highly embellished layouts. so i eventually traded my Zielski books for the collage ones because i have since embraced that i might always be the cluttered person i really am.

however, since life has been reaaaaally busy these past months and yet scrapping has to go on (of course scrapbooking HAS to go on!), it gives me more reason to go simple and graphic. perhaps it is also an expression of my gut reaction to simplify life. and why not, maybe eventually, i would finally win the battle with clutter.


layouts using Studio Azul's April Kit "Going Postal"

3 comments:

Christine said...

wow! i am flattered :D thank you.

those are kewl pages, Au! love them!

Alby said...

Hi Au! Love your clean and simple pages as much as your well-embellished pages. No need to pick just one style I guess. :D Kailan tayo magkokodakan?

Nita Ang said...

I am loving this "new look" ng mga LOs mo. But I am not surprised why you are so good at these. What with your earlier experience sa pagiging art director ng isang magazine. Ika nga, dormant lang sya for awhile pero parang bulkan naman nung sumabog palabas. You are really HOT, bespren :D (I am referring lang dun sa mga LO ha, mabuti nang malinaw)

Related Posts with Thumbnails