unfortunately, it was initially less than satisfactory. i used MM foam stamps Gabby for the title with i really liked until i got to the "C". i think i slanted it way too much to the left so now it looked like an "E". I wanted to leave it as it is but a little voice inside wouldn't keep quiet that the title seem to read like "BATEH one" instead of "BATCH one".
So i took out the BG paper kit again and searched for a good patch up paper. this is what I came up with.
hey, i think it turned out better than the first one despite the patch :-D and a big hurray for the paper's distressed style. otherwise, that patch-up might not look too nice.
Basic Grey Scarlet's Letter kit - using 4 patterned papers from this kit including the patch-up paper; black Bazzill cardstock as matting; brown lace, red/multicolor fiber, green ribbon, metal buttons as embellishments; Image Tree Antique Typewriter rubber stamp letters for "our brood"; Sizzix Funky Brush die cut letters for the main title; Sizzix Alpha Clips diecut in sheet brass [yup, an actual metal sheeting!]; Making Memories acrylic paint (copper) to tone down the metallic shine of the metal diecut letters; Making Memories Dater magnetic stamp; Making Memories Ornaments magnetic stamp for the ornate design on top and under the word ONE; Making Memories acrylic paint (meadow) to stamp the green ornate design [yes! it is acrylic paint...]; Colorbox inkpads (black) to distress the cut paper edges; black gel pen for journalling; EK Honeybee scissors to cut paper flower shadows.
items available at Simply Scrappy ScrapArts store used in this project are:
Bazzill cardstock, fibers, Image Tree Antique Typewriter letter stamps, MM acrylic paints; MM Magnetic Stamps, Ornaments and Dater; EK Honeybee scissors